Summer time is by far my favorite time of year! Great food, nice weather and barbecues with friends and family. My friends and I don’t drink alcohol very often but every now and then we like to enjoy a cold adult beverage.
Since I don’t drink all that often, I’m not good with coming up with drinks. There are so many tasty drink recipes floating around the internet, so I’ve rounded up with I think are the best adult summer time drinks.
1. Moon-a-Rita - I picked the Moon-a-Rita because my husband loves Blue Moon beer. I we usually have Blue Moon’s in the fridge which will help me keep my costs down, should I decided to whip this beverage up. The Moon-a-Rita also looks so refreshing that I just had to have it on this list.
2. Jamaican Bob Marley – My husband and I went to Jamaica a few years ago and fell in love with the country and this drink! I have been searching and searching for this drink. I can not tell you how happy I am that I finally found the recipe. I hope you enjoy this one as much as we did.
3. Blow Pop Martini - Growing up as a child I loved Blow Pop’s and when I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it. Just take a look at the picture and you will be sold. This drink is beautiful and taste amazing! All of my friends enjoyed this one at our last barbecue.
4. Blue Long Island Ice Tea - My husband loves Long Island Ice Tea’s so when I saw this recipe, I was instantly intrigued. I haven’t had a chance to make it for him yet but he keeps begging me to make it.
5. Raspberry Lemonade – This particular drink is not an adult beverage. However, I love raspberry lemonade so I’m strongly considering turning this one into an adult beverage by adding a splash of vodka.
6. Irish Trash Can - The Irish Trash Can is made with Red Bull. Now I’m not a fan of Red Bull but husband is and he LOVES this drink! He doesn’t like to many mixed drinks but this one rates high on his list.
7. Sexy White Wine Sangria - To be honest I wasn’t to sure if I would like Sangria since I’m not a big wine lover. A friend of mine recently made this recipe and it was surprisingly very good. Perfect for a hot summer day.
8. Strawberry-Peach Sangria - After trying the Sangria above I was on a hunt to find another recipe that was a little bit more fruity. This Strawberry-Peach Sangria did the trick! I love strawberry and peaches but never realized how well they went together.
9. Raspberry Tequila Sangria – I haven’t gotten a chance to try this one out yet, but after trying the two other Sangria’s in this post. I’m very excited to give it a try.
10. Raspberry Beer Cocktail – I love anything raspberry so this recipe was a must have on my list! So easy to make and you won’t even realize your drinking alcohol. Not really sure yet if that is a good thing or a bad thing!
Do you have any favorite summer time drinks? I’d love to hear about them or feel free to leave a link.