If you are anything like me then your morning is a chaotic mess. I have finally decided that enough is enough and came up with five ways to make mornings run a little bit smoother. I hope some of these tips will help make your mornings run a little smoother as well.
- Set the coffee pot the night before! This is by far the best thing you can do to jump-start your morning. There is nothing worse than waking up late and not having time to make a pot of coffee. Waking up to the smell of fresh coffee always puts me in a better mood and doesn’t make waking up so hard.
- Lay out your clothes and the kids clothes the night before. Doing something as simple as laying the clothes out the night before can make or break your morning. I can not tell you how many times I have made us late because I’m looking for one of the kids jackets, socks or shoes.
- Have all school paperwork prepared the night before. Make sure your kids have put their school work in their backpack and it is ready to go in the morning. You should also check to see if any school papers need to be signed or if they need lunch money.
- Prepare your lunch and the kids lunch the night before. Making lunch only takes a few minutes but if your already running late, looking for a missing shoe, gathering the homework and waiting for your coffee to brew having lunch ready will make things that much easier.
- Wake up thirty minutes before the kids do. If you wake up a little before the kids do you are more likely to fully awake by the time they wake up. Once the kids wake up you will be ready for the ten million questions they start asking the minute they open their eyes!
Do you have any tips that make your mornings easier?